Peer Advisor Program
Meet the Peer Advisors
|Lauren Miceli ||Erin Gregus|
|Ross Sullivan ||Tyler Schaub|
|Sadie Randall ||Tara Doyle|
|Taylor Harris ||Nicole (Brittany) Migacz|
|Megan Seats ||Anna Chalfin|
|Shuhui Lin ||Alexa Murtagh|
|Allysa Lewis ||Jeff Formeller|
|Yemu (David) Xu ||Amber Jardine|
Watch our video below to learn more about the peer advisor program!
The Pomerantz Career Center Peer Advisor Program serves as a way for UI students to receive high-quality career advice from their peers in a timely manner. The objective of the Peer Advisor Program is to provide Peer Advisors who meet the following criteria:
- Display professionalism and maintain confidentiality
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Counsel effectively and are sensitive to career concerns
- Demonstrate awareness of situations that require referral to Career Advisors
What is the Peer Advisor Program?
Peer Advisors are responsible for aiding students with the following:
- Reviewing resumes and cover letters or providing information on how to get started
- Assisting with job and internship searches and providing interview tips
- Providing resources for exploring occupations
- Supplying information on Pomerantz Career Center programs, services and resources
- Answering general career-related questions
Peer Advisors assist walk-in students who visit the Pomerantz Career Center
between 9am and 4pm Monday through Friday. Peer Advisors are not
available during the summer, winter, or spring breaks.
What Students Are Saying
- "This is a great program. I think everyone at the University should use it!"
- "My peer advisor spoke to me as a peer and her suggestions for my resume were clear and very helpful."
- "I received great advice! Once I change my resume, I'm coming back so a peer can look at it again!"
- "My peer advisor provided helpful information without criticizing me."
- "My visit didn't take very long at all. I now feel more comfortable and knowledgeable about Career Center programs."
- "My peer advisor was very helpful in giving examples and showing me how to improve my resume instead of just telling me."
- "I met with a peer due to a class requirement, but I will definitely come back on my own. My peer advisor was extremely helpful and knowledgeable and the facility is very nice."
- "After just 15 minutes, I feel much more confident in the quality of my resume."
We are looking for new peers each semester. Peer Advisor recruitment begins in early October and early March each semester - click here for more information. We encourage you to meet with a current peer to learn more about what being a peer advisor is all about!