STUDENTS Find an Internship, Summer or Part-Time Job
There are various ways to locate internships or summer/part-time jobs in your area of interest. The more extensive your research, the more likely you are to find the opportunity that best fits your needs.
Consider using as many of these resources as you can:
- Attend the Spring Job & Internship Fair which will be held Wednesday, February 22 from 11am-4pm in the Iowa Memorial Union. 140+ employers will be in attendance to speak with you about their available internship and full-time opportunities. Or attend one of our major specific fairs in the spring - see complete list. These are great networking opportunities!
- Get registered with HireaHawk.com. This online system contains internship and job listings posted by employers interested in hiring UI students. You can also upload your resume for employers to view and can submit your resume for an opportunity to interview on campus.
- Call 319-335-1023 to schedule an appointment with a Career Advisor to update your resume, polish your interviewing skills, and explore other ways to find or develop your own internship opportunity.
- Visit the Pearson Library. The library houses many books on various career topics. The Internship Bible and The Best 106 Internships are a few resources that provide internship listings and contact information.
- Federal Government
- Volunteer with a local non-profit - visit the Volunteer Center of Johnson County website.
- Local Summer and Part-Time Jobs
Browse Jobnet, the Financial Aid Office's list of jobs (on and off campus)