STUDENTS How to Use FOCUS 2
FOCUS 2 is an online, self-guided, interactive program designed to help you select the right college major and plan your career based on your personal interests, values, skills, personality and aspirations.
As a first-year or sophomore, FOCUS 2 will help you select a major and explore occupations. As a junior or senior, FOCUS 2 will help you develop your career goals.
Focus 2 will help you:
- Assess your interests, skills, personality, and values through this online assessment
- Five reliable and valid assessments help guide you through your career/education exploration and decision making process.
- Identify potential majors and minors
- Review the major areas of study that best match your assessment results
- Research occupations that match your unique profile
- Review job duties/skills, outlook, salary, work conditions and more
- Consider your own career path and occupational goals
- Through working with your Career Advisor and Academic Advisor, you’ll be able to develop strategies to achieve your career and educational goals. Students who have a career/academic plan are more likely to:
- Graduate on time
- Be goal-oriented and motivated
- Have higher academic achievement
How to Utilize FOCUS 2
- Note: The access code for our school is Hawks. Register, create your account, and begin!
- Free to University of Iowa students
- Available online anywhere, anytime
- Your results are always saved.
- Use FOCUS 2 as often as you wish
- Ability to change your choices and research options
- Use FOCUS 2 to explore, think about the results, make comparisons, and discuss yoru ideas with your Career Advisor and Academic Advisor.