STUDENTS Mock Interviews
The purpose of a Mock Interview is to provide you with an opportunity to practice your interviewing skills in an environment similar to an actual interview. Mock Interviews are a great opportunity to become familiar with interview questions and interview etiquette. The Pomerantz Career Center offers Mock Interviews each semester to allow individuals to practice and improve their interviewing skills.
Commonly Asked Questions:
- How many mock interviews can I sign up for?
Mock interviews are designed for the purpose of gaining interview experience. Given the limited number of mock interviews each semester, students are only allowed to sign-up for 4 general mock interviews and only 1 Professional Health Mock Interview per semester. We appreciate your understanding. If you have any questions, please contact Sara Burden, Director of Employer Development.
- How long are the interviews?
Interviews will be 45 minutes total length: 20-30 minutes of interviewing and 10-20 minutes of critiquing. Please arrive approximately 15 minutes before your scheduled interview. You may also bring with you any specific questions about interviewing, job searching, resume writing, etc.
- Who are the interviewers?
Employers from surrounding communities who are volunteering their time to help you with your interviewing skills.
- Does the Pomerantz Career Center offer Professional Health Mock Interviews?
Yes. The Center offers professional health mock interviews on a limited basis. Please sign-up on HireaHawk.com (go to to Jobs & Internships tab, HireaHawk Jobs & Interviews) and then put "mock" in the keyword search. You will need to have a resume uploaded to request a mock interview.
- Where will the interviews take place?
All interviews will take place in the Pomerantz Career Center.
- How do I prepare for the mock interview?
- Interviewing basics - Refer to the Career Guide. View one of our online Career Tube videos. Review books and articles on interviewing, available in our Career Information Library or on our website.
- Research the company! Most participating companies want students to visit their website to conduct research. This is a vital part of your preparation, and will greatly assist you in answering questions such as, “Why do you want to work for our company?” or “What do you know about our company?” It will also help you communicate your skills to a company's specific needs.
- Make sure to review the company's website before coming in for your Mock Interview.
- What should I wear?
Dress professionally, as you would for an actual interview.
Do I need a resume? How can I sign up?
YES! You must submit a copy of your resume when signing up on HireaHawk.com. It is also a good idea to bring a copy with you to the interview. Advisors and Peer Assistants are available for individual consultation if you are having difficulty preparing your resume or if it needs to be updated.
To sign up, you will first need to update your HireaHawk.com account and upload a copy of your resume. After you have updated your profile, you can go to the "Documents" tab to upload your resume (select "Add New.") Then go to "Jobs and Internships", "HireaHawk.com Jobs & Interviews" and enter "mock" in the keyword field. Select the mock interview schedule and time slot that works with your schedule. If no time slots are available, that mock interview schedule is full. Mock interviews are available on a limited basis. We encourage you to sign-up early to secure your interview time slot.
If you have any questions about mock interviews, please don't hesitate to ask. Our general email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERVIEWSTREAM (online interview practice tool). INTERVIEWSTREAM is an advanced, online interactive interview simulation tool that creates a compelling and realistic experience. You can use INTERVIEWSTREAM to practice and develop your interview presentation skills prior to a mock interview or one on one interview with an employer representative.
We hope you enjoy this opportunity to improve your interviewing skills.